Naima New Jazz Quintett - Morning Part One (1980)

This is probably one of the rarest Jazz records from Germany. I found no informations in the net and this is really strange, because this album is a forgotten jewel !

The musicians plays a beautiful and strong mixture of lyrical and powerlful jazz ... and they know how to build up an unique atemosphere in their songs.

I discovered this rara item from the greatthegrowingbin blogspot and decided to put it on my blog, too. I think this album should bei distributed on many blogs all over the world to preserve this wonderful piece of music ... I´m sure many readers of my blog will agree.

Jochen Schmidt recorded one year later with other musicians the second album of "Naima" called "Family Walk" ... and of course I will try to find this album ... 



Personnel:
Kurt Bilker (drums)
Andreas Lonardoni (bass)
Wollie Kaiser (saxophone, flute)   
Ralf Schlüssel (guitar)
Jochen Schmidt (vibraphone)


Tracklist:
01. Fly Fly (Schmidt) 5.41
02. Sunbird (Schmidt) 9.48
03. Morning Part One (Schmidt) 7.16
04. Samba Song (Schmidt) 5.41
05. Wind Song (Schlüssel) 7.37
06. Jowcol (Kaiser) 6.08


ARMU 2140
ARMU 2140 (zippyshare)