Mary Daly

Here is Mary Daly. I wish I knew the story behind this picture! It cracks me up.
Today in class, we are going to talk briefly about Mary Daly. She was always a controversial character, as she challenged the misogyny of the Catholic Church from the halls of a Catholic institution, Boston College.

As I was researching today, I found out that she had died earlier this year. Regardless of your thoughts about her as a feminist, or her claim that she was 'post-Christian', she remains an important voice to read and consider. She came to speak at my college when I was taking feminist theology. I disagreed with so much of what she said, but she motivated me to think and study.

Professor Daly, great spinster of theology and philosophy. Thank you for stirring us up and inspiring us to re-imagine a non-misogynistic world.