Best Buy's Customer Service

Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it.
Peter Drucker (1909 – 2005), management consultant, writer


Have you noticed that Best Buy seems to have taken up the same customer service practices as their now out-of-business competitor Circuit City? I received a $20 gift certificate based on my purchases over a period of time. I went to buy a CD and because it was less than $20 they could not process it. I told the woman fine keep the extra money and she said she could not. I had to add two packets of candy to bring the balance up to a tad over $20 in order to use the certificate. What a pathetic method of gaining a few cents or dollars more from their loyal customers.

This is the second run in I’ve had with customer service. The first was aggravating enough that I wrote a letter to the CEO, but to the true form of their customer service there was no reply.

And, in true form of customer dissatisfaction I have stopped shopping at Best Buy, and I was a consistent and loyal buyer, but no more.