If You Can Make It Here...

Oh! it offends me to the soul to hear a robustious periwig-pated fellow, tear a passion to tatters, to very rags, to split the ears of the groundlings.
William Shakespeare (1564–1616), dramatist

Here I am in Manhattan and I am sitting in my room. I did dash out this morning and went to the Starbucks across the street rather than stand in a long line in the hotel. I picked up the NYTimes, The Daily News and the New York Post before the arctic front that is coming through by lunch time. Thank goodness I have work to do, so the freezing temperatures won’t really bother me today.

Last night I met up with Johnna from Blindsquirrel. We had dinner and went to watched actors audition for a role in her play, “Rattlers,” which is part of her trilogy. I was fascinated watching actors bring life, add nuance, and personalize her words to make the part theirs. The youngish, arrogant director sat in judgment of these actors and he truly relished his role as big man on campus, which countered his diminutive stature, and will fade into the background as the play premieres in November.

Rattlers will play in off-off Broadway and I will be back to see who was ultimately selected to portray an undertaker and the angry, drunken, forlorn husband.