Betting on the Superbowl

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun."
Chico Marx (1887–1961), one of the Marx Brothers

Television sets will be tuned into the Superbowl on Sunday, millions will have made bets. I used to make little bets to increase my interest in the game, but these days I could careless who wins. I would like to see the Giants win for an upset. I like underdogs for the most part.

Here are some other wages if you are bored with the game:
  • Tom Petty will smoke a joint during this halftime performance (25-1)
  • Michael Jason will sing a duet with Petty (10-1)
  • Petty will trip and fall on stage (100-1)
  • What song will Petty open with? “Free Fallin” (3-1), “The Waiting” (10-1) “American Girl” (7-4)
  • First beer commercial during halftime? Bud Light (2-3), Coors Light (3-2) Miller Draft (7-1)
  • First car commercial during halftime? Ford (6-5), Chevrolet (3-2), Toyota (3-1)

I'll tune in, but finish reading the Sunday newspapers and football will be the background noise.